India, looks positioned not only to best utilize not only to its internal Hydel resources but also has planned mega investments in the hilly and landlocked country of Nepal with a planned outlay of INR 5700 Crores which potentially can offer 1GW of hydro power from the country. Coupled with this India already imports hydro power from Bhutan and Bangladesh. As, the dynamics of Indian power generation sector is shifting at large towards green power hydro inadvertently qualifies for a preferred source of generation courtesy withdrawal of fringe benefits offered to other major peaking power solution i.e. gas based generation. In this milieu, there are many queries which evolve to seek a resolute like what is the business case for hydro power and what Opportunities does it offer for EPC contractor, OEMs and last but not the least the power distribution utilities. Similarly, what quantum India should generate from small hydro and what mix of opportunities does these power plants offer amidst the potential for sustainable Capex, queries like this and many more finds an answer from this dossier.
Key Queries Resolved
- What would be the futuristic business case for hydro power in India till 2022 ?
- What would be the futuristic business case for small hydro power in India till 2022 ?
- What would be the key drivers pushing the case of large hydro and small hydro in India till 2022 ?
- What would be the opportunity for EPC contractors in Indian hydro segment ?
- What would be the opportunity for OEMs in Indian hydro segment ?
- What would be the opportunity for Indian Discoms ?
- What would be development case of large hydro capacity in a scenario of enhanced short term contracts from Discoms, as per planned CAPEX & Investments ?
- What would be the development case of small hydro power capacity in a scenario of high solar and wind power scenario?
- What would be inter-country business opportunity for large hydro facet in India ?