Since 2014, panoramic changes have characterized the power sector including: record addition to generation capacity and the comprehensive initiative “Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojana (UDAY)”, to improve the health and performance of the distribution companies. These changes provide the basis for discussing issues of longer-term interest for the states, their power regulators and involved stakeholders.
Key Queries Resolved
- What is the key rationale behind tariff calculation for FY 2017-18 ?
- What are the key impacts on the stakeholders due to the tariff change?
- What is the consumer profiling of the state?
- What is the actual power situation of the state?
- What is the actual connected load amongst various consumer categories?
- What is the consumer category wise revenue contribution?
- How much is the Gross Employee cost of the state’s discom?
- How much is the Tariff revenue/Net ARR and Revenue Gap/Surplus?
- How much are the number of consumers across the state under various consumer categories?