The FY (Fiscal Year) 2015-16 is turning out to be a phenomenal year for the Indian power sector with the record power (Renewable) capacity addition, power generation and even a record domestic coal production. The present government’s emphasis on improving the power situation of the nation is finally taking some shape, and the same is expected to continue in the near space. The power sector is expected to come out of the lull phase which would ensure better installed capacity realization and reduction in idle/ bad assets for the market participants. Maximum investments are likely to make its way via private channels across the three segments. In addition to this the Indian power sector is likely to draw investments from new avenues like middle –east. It is pertinent to note that the power sector is expecting an investment of close to USD 228.75 billion by the end of 12th FYP of which private sector contribution would be 60%.
Key Queries Resolved
- Power scenario in different states in India.
- Demand supply gap / Demand – Deficit situation
- Analyzing existing install capacity
- Power market in India
- What are key regions and their attractiveness indices for developing Generation & Transmission projects in India?
- Who are the best technological solution providers for developing power projects in India ?
- What is the power distribution scenario in India ?
- AT&C losses in each state
- State wise discoms financials
- What is the existing and upcoming renewable capacity inn India ?
- Status of RPO in each states.
- Status of REC’s
- What is the market size & potential of power market in India ?
- What was the volume trade by states ?
- Active tenders in power markets.
- Power Market scenario.