In India, currently over 68.5 GW of thermal power plant is under construction of which 25% i.e. close to 17
GWs comes from states, 42% i.e. 28.5 GWs comes from IPPs (private developers) and the rest 33% i.e. 23GW
comes from central sector , which is likely to see commissioning by FY’2022. Given the fact that this 68 GW
capacity shall be commissioned in a phased manner the tune of BoP opportunity appears to be massive with
requirement of BoP equipments like CHP, AHP, cooling towers, ESP, chimneys and electrical switchyard
system etc. shall be indeed of interest for both the integrated service provider or the split contractor. Also,
under the current pretext post CoP 21 summit in Paris, the obligation of India to reduce carbon emissions have
triggered the need for enhanced technology to control upon the same.
Key Queries Addressed
- What would be the opportunity for BoP players in terms of modernization/replacing of ageing thermal
- What would be the consumer category wise market size for BoP equipments in India ?
- What would be the region wise breakup of BoP equipments in India ?
- What would be upcoming market size for ash handling & coal handling systems in India till 2022 ?
- What would be the market size for plant electrical systems, transformers, HT, LT switchgears & bus ducts etc in India till 2022 ?
- What would be the market size for cooling towers & chimneys , reservoir & intake systems in India till 2022 ?