The business case for captive power plant is growing stronger with the realms of small & mid-size industry clutters mushrooming on pan India basis. Interestingly, the business cases for captive power generation has consistently garnered momentum since the very concept got introduced in India post 2003 or better say post application of EA, 2003. Though, captive power generation in India can’t be termed as disruptive however it certainly has elevated itself to the genres of being one with the kind of capacities added on yearly basis which is nearing a hallmark figure of 50 GW in terms of installed capacity for the country. In India the woes of power distribution utilities are well known, coupled with cross-subsidy structure followed in most of the states of the country the quest for reliable as well affordable power for the commercial & industrial users seems never ending. This scenario when united with increasing gorge of power demand-supply gap has provided the necessary fillip which has led to prolific growth of captive power generation in India.
Enincon consulting llp took note from various clients who prompted us to focus on such market research which not only focuses on thermal power projects in India but deeply ensembles the architecture of captive power generation business and the tied-up opportunities. By the means of our report ” Captive Power Plants in India 2016-2017: Opportunity Tracker for Value Chain Players, a galore of opportunities is being presented for allied value chain players which has not been tracked so far and transformed in the form of a quality dossier.
Key Queries Resolved
- What would be the business opportunity captive power developers , equipment suppliers , fuel suppliers , power distribution companies, power trading companies, key contractors and service providers ?
- Evaluating industry trends and industry sizing for captive power plants in India
- What shall be crude pie for captive power developers in the opportunity cake?
- Region wise identification of business case for captive power plants in India?
- What would be the business case for fuel suppliers on pan India bases ? Which fuel could increase the return on investment?
- What would the opportunity tune for OEMs ? What could the probable competition quotient ? which industries & regions to be targeted more in terms of generating business?