Time has come for India to leave the average behind and take a leap to go for global leadership in manufacturing. For Indian manufacturing to soar high and to reach at the top nosh level as per the global benchmarks , “ Make in India” (MII) has given enough fillip to convert this into a reality. Like other manufacturing segments , Indian defence facet being no different is projected to be one of the highly investment seeking sector in the MII campaign. India has been rapidly enhancing its spending on defence year on year. Presently, India stands as the third largest defence spender in the world after US and China. Equipment spending by Ministry of Defence has increased 15-20% over the last five years and is projected grow at a much escalated speed in near future.
Key Queries Resolved
- What shall be the key enablers for beefing up Defence manufacturing in India?
- What has been the key challenges that has set back the domestic manufacturing of Defence equipment in India in past?
- What shall be the scope of Defence industrialisation in India?
- What would be the planned spending on land systems?
- What would be the planned spending on naval systems?
- What would be the planned spending on aerospace systems?
- What would be the planned spending on technical systems?
- What would be the future scope of domestic R&D for Defence manufacturing?