ENINCON in it’s report “Domestic and International Coal Market in India 2013– Understanding Demand Segmentation and Evolving Dynamics of Coal in India” explores the entire Coal value-chain in India and developments in domestic and international coal markets, to provide valuable insights on the likely Coal Demand Supply Dynamics in the country by 2020. This report aims to go dive deep and do an in-depth analysis through mix of primary and secondary research and analytics to segment the coal demand by adopting different models. The models developed are based on thorough research blended with analytics to determine demand-supply situation for different coal consuming sectors based on emerging domestic and imported coal scenario in India. The detailed study on availability of coal handling infrastructure comes in backdrop of the rising demand for coal across the country. The handpicked case studies on shortage of coal highlights the struggles faced by various companies and investors and provides useful insights to deal with such anomaly. In addition the research highlights the cases of coal crunch and other impending areas where there has been a hit on the capital expenditure of the companies. The report also projects various scenarios for coal imports depending upon the intervention measure of policy makers/regulators.
Key Queries Resolved
- What would be the likely coal supply in the country domestic as well as the imported coal ?
- What are the coal sourcing options and models fro private players in India?
- What is the state wise coal requirement in India ?
- What are the key driving factors for coal imports in new emerging destinations ?
- What are the most suitable countries for coal imports
- What would be opportunity pie key stake holders in the coal value chain ?
- What has been the overseas assets acquisition trend and scenario ?
- What has been the trend in International coal movement ?
- What would be the possible impacts on the planned capex of the coal consuming sectors due to coal shortage?
- What could be the challenges and issues for coal logistics infrastructure in the country ?
- What is the market size and potential for key stakeholders in coal value chain ?
- What could be the risk opportunity matrix for coal consuming sectors in the country?
- What are the sector wise future coal supply projections ?