The growth trajectory of infrastructure development in India has been quite interesting and much talked about in the international markets. Courtesy government initiatives, the development course which the country has seen w.r.t infrastructure over the last couple of years clearly indicates towards the existence of a strong market.
Indian railways – the largest transporter in India is not only working developing new railway tracks and stations but shall be face-lifting the existing railway stations too. Over 1000 railway stations have been identified across the nation that shall be modernized under the “Adarsh Station Scheme”. Not only this, about 90 stations of the total shall be overhauled into world class transit hubs. This shall include facilities like CCTV cameras, Wi-Fi, renovation of the station buildings, modular water kiosks, water ATMs, LED lights, lifts, escalators, stainless steel benches, modular catering kiosks etc.
KEY QUERIES ADDRESSED
- Examining Current MRO Market Opportunity in India– Track of Business Case in Volume & Value , 2015-2018
- Industry Practice – Power Transmission & Distribution
- Industry Practice – Gas Transmission & Distribution
- Industry Practice – Roads & Highways
- Industry Practice – Ports & Airports
- Industry Practice – Railways & Metro Rails
- Industry Practice – Steel Segment
- What is the current power transmission & distribution scenario in India ?
- What is the current status of maintenance, repair and overhaul in power transmission & distribution segment?
- What shall be the opportunity for MRO players in power T&D till 2022 ?
- What is the current status of gas pipeline infra in India ?
- What is the current status of maintenance, repair and overhaul in gas pipeline segment ?
- What shall be the opportunity for MRO in city gas distribution pipelines till 2022 ?
- What shall be the region wise opportunity track for MRO in gas pipeline segment till 2022 ?
- What is current status of rail infra in India ?
- What is the current scenario of MRO into the Indian railways segment ?
- What shall be the MRO opportunity into the re- development of 400 railway stations till 2022 ?
- What shall be the region wise MRO opportunity in OHE till 2022?
- What is the current status of metro rail infra in India ?
- What are the capacity expansion plans of metro rail infra in India till 2022 ?
- What shall the MRO opportunity in maintaining the metro rail tracks in India till 2022 ?
- What shall be the opportunity size of MRO in Indian airports till 2022 ?
- What shall be the opportunity size of MRO in Indian ports till 2022 ?
- What is current status of steel manufacturing in India ?
- What is current scenario of MRO in steel manufacturing units in India ?
- What is the opportunity assessment for MRO in steel manufacturing unit till 2022?
- What shall be the opportunity track for EPC contractors in the maintenance of roads, railway tracks, metro rail tracks, airports, ports till 2022?
BUSINESS CASE FOR MAINTENANCE, REPAIR AND OVERHAUL MARKET IN INDIA
- Indian government encourages investment in MRO. India becomes more aggressive in attracting MRO services, an initiative that is showing promise with Airbus considering building a MRO center in-country. India’s current civilian MRO market size is estimated to be around USD 700 million. The market is expected to grow at 8% CAGR for the next 10 years to reach over USD 1.4 billion by 2025
- Habibganj to become India’s first railway station to be overhauled on the lines of Germany’s Heidelberg. The project shall be carried out in two phases of which the part dealing with station redevelopment will cost INR 100 crores
- As a part of Sagarmala Programme, more than 577 projects worth INR 8.75 Lakh Crores have been identified for implementation, during 2015-2035, across the areas of port modernization & new port development, port connectivity enhancement, port-linked industrialization and coastal community development. As of 31-Mar-2018, a total of 492 projects worth INR 4.25 Lakh Crores were under various stages of implementation, development and completion
- The government, through a series of initiatives, is working on policies to attract significant investor interest. A total of 200,000 km national highways are expected to be completed by 2022. An investment to the tune of USD 7 Trillion has been freezed for construction of new roads and highways till 2022
- India’s Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs announced that within the next few years, the government plans to build new metro lines with a total length of 700 km in 50 cities. The Metro Policy 2017 enables greater private participation, innovative financing, value capital finance and provides more options of financing by the government for creation and maintenance of metro rail infrastructure. This will go a long way in further boosting the growth of Metro rail and shall provide business opportunity to the associated value chain players
- A cost of INR 1.07 Lakh has been planned to be invested in the revamping of 600 railway stations in India