India has been on a constant economic growth path from past two decades and this rise is coupled with increased energy consumption to thrust the fast growing economy. Basis India’s anticipated growth aspirations, it is evident that access to abundant and economically viable energy will be crucial to sustaining the trajectory of this growth. India has limitations in terms of indigenous energy resources apart from coal and will necessarily have to diversify its fuel mix and look to global energy markets for its energy needs.
Key Queries Resolved
- What is current scenario of natural gas industry in India ?
- What shall be the anticipated capacity addition to be observed in the domestic availability of Natural Gas in India by 2020?
- What shall be the end consumer wise anticipated growth in the demand of natural gas in India by 2020 ?
- What shall be the outlook of LNG terminal capacity in India by 2020?
- What shall be the anticipated sector wise consumption of LNG in India by 2020 ?
- What shall be the quantum of gas imports in India by 2020 ?
- What are the upcoming CGD projects in India by 2020?
Business case for Natural Gas Development in India
- Government is planning to encourage an investment of USD 20 Billion for developing domestic gas fields in India in upcoming 5-7 years
- ONGC is lining up USD 5.07 Billion to produce over 16 million standard cubic meters per day of natural gas discoveries in its KG – DWN -98/2 block.
- India prioritizing to become natural gas based economy and is making efforts to raise the domestic production of the fuel
- Odisha is planning to raise an investment to the tune of INR 7700 Crores for expanding its LPG and LNG terminals