Offshore wind is an emerging industry,which mainly has tasted success in Europe. Further, with land acquisition and environmental clearances issues onshore, offshore wind farms are fast emerging as preferred choice for developers globally.Offshore wind development started in early 1990s. Since then, the sector has grown significantly with total installed capacity reaching 5410 MW as on January 2013. European Union is the leader in offshore
development with installed capacity of 4995 MW. Further, an additional 3300 MW of capacity is under construction, scheduled to be commissioned by 2014.
Wind Offshore Development – ADVANTEDGE India:-India’s long coastline of 7500 KM offers significant potential for developing offshore wind farm assets. The preliminary study has suggested that, coastline along Kerala, Goa,
Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Gujarat has good potential feasible for offshore wind development. The coastline along
Kanyakumari and Rameshwaram alone has potential of about 1 GW each. India is likely to have commissioned in the range ~ 3-5 GW, by 2025.
Enincon uncover the wind sector opportunity and come up with Report name ‘Offshore Wind Power in India – Unleashing Oceans of Opportunities’ as a part of ‘Fact Factor Report Series on Indian Wind sector’. The report has been prepared to cater the long standing need of wind sector professionals by providing them with quality information and analytis.
Key Queries Resolved
- What is the market size & potential on offer for Wind turbine/ Electrical equipment suppliers?
- What will be the market share of domestic and foreign suppliers as per different scenarios?
- How first mover advantage can be obtained in Indian Offshore wind market?
- What are key regions and their attractiveness indices for developing Offshore wind projects in India?
- Who are the best technological solution providers for developing Offshore wind projects in India?
- What will be the different stages of a project development and what strategy should be adopted to reduce capex?
- What is tune of business opportunity till 2025 in sight for ports & shipping bodies?
- What will be market size and potential for O&M players?
- How other logistics medium can be benefited by these projects?
- What should be the incentive scheme and bidding mechanism adopted for Offshore wind projects?
- How will the discoms be benefited by these projects?
- What is the market size & potential on offer for EPC & Transmission service providers?
- What are the major challenges in transmission services and how to overcome it?
- How capex and project execution time can be reduced in Offshore wind projects ?