The growth of Indian upstream sector was plagued mainly by poorly explored sedimentary basin, declining private and foreign participation, lack of proper technology and non- transparent policies. In order to reduce the import dependence of the country, the government has taken many measures to ramp up domestic production like introduction of HELP, 100% FDI in upstream, auctioning of 67 Small Oil and Gas Fields with newly introduced investor friendly terms, Pricing freedom of gas produced from difficult fields etc. In the case of Midstream many new pipelines are coming up across different states to provide an unbiased access of hydrocarbons to meet their energy demand. For downstream, the deregulation of Petrol and Diesel prices along with the increase of automobile population attracts private players who are existing as well as new to the Indian Fuel retailing segment. The anticipated increase in fuel demand as well as government initiatives like increasing the customer base of LPG consumers, upgradation of automobile fuel from BS-IV to BS-VI by 2020 etc. calls for many green and brown field refinery projects. The expected futuristic growth of Indian Oil and Gas Sector holds immense conventional as well as novel opportunities for the investors to explore.
In order to track the holistic picture of current O&G to present the futuristic case for the segment in India, enincon consulting llp attempts to release its outlook series on ““O&G Fields, Refineries & RLNG Terminals in India: Tracking Opportunities and Outlook Till 2022”. The report also delivers a detailed opportunity track in Indian Oil and Gas Sector like the newly announced Discovered Small Oil and Gas Fields Auction, Green Field as well as Brown field Projects in Refineries as well as RLNG Terminals and much more.
Key Queries Resolved
- What would be the opportunity tune (in INR or project volume) for upstream segment players?
- What would be the opportunity tune (in INR or project volume) for midstream segment players?
- What would be the opportunity tune (in INR or project volume) for downstream segment players?
- Will HELP would actually prove to be an extended arm for reviving the Indian exploration and production segment cutting all the complexities?
- What would be the fate of midstream and downstream segment?
- How much optimistic and reliable is Indian O&G segment segment from investment perspective?- current case and futuristic scenario.