In what could be termed as a remarkable growth for power generation in India, with about 88.5 GW of capacity addition targeted for the 12th FYP, about 97% of it has already been achieved as on May 2016 and the remaining 3% likely to be commissioned soon. Power generation in India is mostly driven by the thermal sources and that too by the coal. About 61% of the total electricity generation in India is solely taken up by coal. It is pertinent to note that of the total 303.08 GW of installed capacity of India estimated on May 2016, coal standalone contributes 186.2 GW of it, which accounts nearly 88% of the total thermal power generation of India. However, the green energy norms and increasing environment concerns have certainly hit the power generation from thermal sources to some extent over the past course of time, but given the soaring electricity demand and to accomplish government’s vision of “Power to All” in India, conventional source of power generation is likely to dominate India’s electricity mix in upcoming years as well.
In order to track the upcoming thermal power capacity, enincon consulting llp attempts to provide a competitive project track for all the forthcoming coal fired and gas fired thermal power plants in India. The dossier provides a detailed study of the existing power generation scenario in the Indian states coupled with a track of all the planned,advanced stage developed, early stage developed and under developed thermal power capacity, which indicating the future of thermal power sector in India. Additionally, also unveils the state wise investment potential into the thermal power generation business in India.
Key Queries Resolved
- What would be the opportunity tune (in INR or project volume) on platter for the associated value chain players for FY’2017-18 and beyond?
- Which is the underlying thermal capacity to be installed ?
- Which state/region opening up for maximum business opportunities into the thermal power generation domain?
- What would be competitive environment ?
- Who all would be the likely participating players?
- Identification of upcoming super critical and sub critical thermal power capacity?
- What would be the key financials for the project?
- Key details such as EPC contractor, PPA status of the project, FSA details, BTG/BoP supplier