Coal based thermal power generation is quintessential for India, especially amidst the growing energy demand of the country. Undoubtedly with the impetus on greener source of generation, India as a country is poised to witness magnanimous changes in power capacity additions through RE sources. However, the fact that India needs massive power and through big capacities of individual power plants puts the thermal power generation through coal as a lead contributor for coming decade safely. Although, the need for a growing economy like India is to curb the carbon emissions coupled with increased efficiencies of the thermal generation. This will not be achieved unless there is a migration observed from sub-critical power generation to supercritical power generation technology facilitating better plant efficiency and lower emissions with higher capacity addition (as SuPC plant is in excess of 660 MW per unit).
Since the inception of 11th FYP the move to adapt SuPC technology has been positive for India as the SuPC capacities graduated to observe 22725 MW of additions in 12th FYP till May 2015, which is close to 16 GW more than the total of 6080 MW achieved in the previous plan. Also, it is pertinent to note that another ~ 14 GW of capacities are most likely to be added in 12th FYP till March 2017. With such tune of investments under the SuPC segment the need to track the OEMs of the segment was long felt hence ENINCON in its capacity as a premier research and advisory firm evolved with a track of BTG Market in India under two volumes dedicated for SuPC and SuBC markets respectively. The Volume 1 of the dossier focuses upon sizing the current and future SuPC power generation equipment market coupled with factor based competition landscaping of the OEMs. Whereas , Volume 2 of the report covers the SuBC power generation equipment market. The report also attempts to benchmark the entire SuPC & SuBC power generation equipment space through important factors such as price, quality, discount margins and financing etc.
Also, the report encompasses the detailed profiling of all key SuPC & SuBC players who are active in India whether in foreign or domestic category.
Key Queries Resolved
- What would be the share of domestic OEMs by 2016 in Indian BTG space?
- What would be the share of Chinese and Non- Chinese OEMs in the Indian BTG space by 2016?
- Impact of MII initiative on BHEL’s share?
- What would be the market share of SuPC and SuBC capacity to be commissioned by central players by 2016?
- What would be the market share of SuPC and SuBC capacity to be commissioned by state players by 2016?
- What would be the market share of SuPC and SuBC capacity to be commissioned by private players by 2016?
- Who would be strategic JV partners for indigenous BTG OEM suppliers?
- Who would be the probable consumers to source the equipments and at what price ?
- Will the project financing be assisted by BTG players?