The Indian power, BoP and power back up equipment market is poised for significant growth, given the thrust to lower down the imports and reduce Chinese manufacturers dominance in this space. The depreciating Yuan and consistently rising cost of labour basis high wage inflation has marred the reputation of China being the lowest cost equipment provider in this space and hence arguably positions India as the lowest cost equipment’s provider in the world. Apart from this in the for domestic market tremendous scope lies as India has put tough environmental requirements vis-à-vis power generation as the conventional power plants are not able to meet the environmental norms and efficiency demands of the future. Hence, for sustainable power generation the use of SuPC is must for coal power plants.
During 13th FYP thermal power capacity in India is projected to dominate the overall power generation in the country. It is pertinent to note that of the total planned capacity of 100 GW , the capacity addition from thermal fuel sources is estimated to be 82 GW. Coal being the prime fuel supporting thermal power generation in the country is projected to contribute about 90-95% of the total thermal based power generation in India Given the capacity addition target of 100 GW and the fillip which the ultra mega power projects is estimated to receive is giving enough thrust to the supercritical based power generation in India. Moreover, it is also projected that the increase adaptability of Super Critical technology by majority players would wipe off the entire sub critical segment during 13th FYP. It is pertinent to note that about 30.68 GW of Super Critical capacity addition has been announced so far that would be commissioned during FY’2017-2022.
Key Queries Resolved
- What are the major initiatives and issues for power projects in India ?
- What are the key business opportunities for OEMs in Indian Market?
- What are the trends in unit size of OEMs in India?
- What is the range of turbine products on offer by OEMS?
- What is the range of boiler products on offer by OEMs?
- What is the purchasing strategy for BTG equipment ?
- How is the delivery of major component taking place in India?
- What are the drivers for BoP market in India?
- What are the key players in BoP market in India?
- What are the shifting trends in BoP market and outlook for BoP players in the industry?
- What is the opportunity size for BoP players/
- What is the market size of power back up equipment’s vis-a vis company, technology, operations and region?
- What is the business profile of market players in India?
- What are the key driver & enablers of power backup equipment market in India
- What are the emerging trends for power generation equipment market in India?
- What are the key players with their product offerings in India?