The new transmission projects in Europe and Latin America bring a huge opportunity for all the value chain players, the modernization of old power transmission lines due to increase in share of renewable projects also brings new business channels for these players. This report provides comprehensive details regarding the transmission network in Europe & Latin America which gives a vast idea about the present transmission network and the upcoming projects in these continents till 2025. The study is performed region wise for each continent thus, evaluating each and every country and finding out the major opportunity centres in each region till 2025.
BUSINESS CASE FOR POWER TRANSMISSION INFRASTRUCTURE IN EUROPE & LATIN AMERICA
- USD 568 million allocated by European Union for electricity infrastructure & smart grid projects.
- The Baltic electricity synchronization project which aims to connect the energy markets of Baltic states with the Continental European Network will receive USD 364 million.
- USD 102 million awarded by European Union for ACON SG project which aims to improve grid connection between Slovakia and Czech Republic through the installation of smart grid at their borders.
- European Investment Bank lends USD 112 million to modernise Finland’s transmission network.
- Corporacion Nacional de Electricidad (CNEL EP) has announced an investment of USD 310 million to develop its power transmission infrastructure during 2019 in Ecuador.
- Investment of around USD 210.6 million for expansion of transmission network, comprising 47 projects to be done by Chilean national power grid coordinator Coordinador Eléctrico Nacional (CEN).