India’s Power Transmission networks constitute the vital arteries of the entire power value chain. It goes without saying that the growth of power sector is contingent to development of a robust and a non collapsible transmission network. Over the past decades, the total power capacity has witnessed commendable growth, with more than 300 GW of generation capacity currently installed in India. However, India’s peak load supply is only 152 GW, and aggravating this situation further is that some of India’s power surplus regions do not have adequate power evacuation infrastructure which could alleviate the recurring supply shortages in other parts of the nation. Transmission bottlenecks are an important reason for these shortages. Non-performance of the power transmission sector has an adverse spiral effect on the entire economy. Improvement of this sector is, therefore, essential for the economic well-being of the country and enhancement of the quality of life of citizens. Since demand and generation capacity are both expected to increase in the future, transmission constraints need to be addressed urgently.
With intent to facilitate the business proposition, enincon delves deep and aims to deliver a fact pack and trend analysis of power transmission in different region of the country. The objective of this report is to present the as-is and anticipated transmission sector dynamics of the region which have been tracked in terms of existing and upcoming ckt Kms for transmission. This report found region wise its past and future trend & gap evaluation. Further it also cover risk associated and solution for it with Future outlook of proposed capacities and investment opportunities in power transmission. Report give insights on funding trends and trends of national and smart grid in power transmission in india. This report unveils the focus on trends related to supply and sourcing of power transmission equipment & Congestion Trends.
Key Queries Resolved
- What is a Structural Overview of Power Transmission in India ?
- What are the changes in Power Transmission sector in recent timeline ?
- Study of Power Transmission in India
- What are the Gap/ opportunities in Transmission segment ?
- What are key regions and their attractiveness indices for developing Transmission projects in India?
- Who are the best technological solution providers for developing power Transmission projects in India ?
- What are the historical trends in transmission sector in India ?
- What are the Future Investment and growth in Power transmission segment in India Power sector ?
- State wise status of Transmission sector.
- What is the status of smart grid in various states ?
- What is a Funding trends in Smart grid projects and there Implementation ?
- What is the market size & potential of power Transmission market in India ?
- What was the problem in Financing ?
- What are the gap in Transmission sector in India ?
- What are equipment sourcing trends in Transmission Sector in India ?
BUSINESS CASE FOR POWER TRANSMISSION SECTOR IN INDIA
- Central government has accelerated the development power transmission networks
- The Indian government is looking to unleash investment opportunity of nearly INR 1 lakh crores for the sector
- Long term development plan of 20 Years to be imbibed for the enhancing the transmission networks in India
- Bidding route gaining grounds, encouraging increased private participation
- INR 4697 crores is the opportunity tune for upcoming transmission projects under Tariff Based Competitive Bidding (TBCB) route
- Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and Haryana would offer power transmission projects through the bidding route, which forms the part of their ’24×7 Power for All’ plans
- Benefits widely available to state transmission utilities and private transmission utilities to felicitate the open access mechanism