Power transmission sector in India acts a pivotal role in supplying electricity to the end consumers. It is imperative to note that the growth of power sector is dependent on the development of a robust and non collapsible transmission infrastructure. Post FY 2015, the country has witnessed a robust growth in the terms of renewable capacity addition, with solar being the flag bearer of this growth. Courtesy this, the country witnessed a shift in terms of power generation mix with renewable energy catering to 18.20% of the total installed capacity of approximately 330 GW (as on November, 2017).
Key Queries Resolved
- What would be the market size and business potential for the players in power transmission segment
- What would be the underlying investment tune into the power sector by FY 2022?
- What would be the total opportunity (in USD) for various value chain players in the power transmission segment by FY 2022?
- Identifying region wise areas for developing power transmission infrastructure by FY 2022
- What is the existing capacity and estimating growth of inter regional power transmission capacity by FY 2022?
- What is the existing capacity and estimating growth of power transmission capacity by FY 2022 in Northern Region?
- What is the existing capacity and estimating growth of power transmission capacity by FY 2022 in Southern Region?
- What is the existing capacity and estimating growth of power transmission capacity by FY 2022 in Eastern Region?
- What is the existing capacity and estimating growth of power transmission capacity by FY 2022 in Western Region?
- What would be the growth track of substations and HVDC terminals till FY 2022?
Business Case For Upgradation Of Power Transmission Infrastructure In India
- Government’s aim to provide 40 million electricity connections under Saubhagya Scheme
- Government plans to unleash an investment opportunity of INR 1 Lakh Crore for the transmission sector
- Incentivization of inter state open access charges by the states when power is being wheeled through renewable sources of energy
- Competitive bidding route gaining ground, encroaching increased private participation
- Approximate investment tune of INR 4697 Crore of the upcoming transmission projects under tariff based competitive bidding
- A capacity addition of 27.07 GW of renewable energy in last three and half years. Target of achieving 175 GW through renewables by FY 2022