Railway electrification has now opened up as a fresh opportunity area for multiple players involved in the business of facilitating it. Though not a nascent concept the electrification in India now has been committed with a fresh investment of INR. 35,000 Crores to electrify the entire network and eliminating the cost of fuel under transportation which shall be amounting to a massive savings of INR. 10,500 overall.
Key Queries Resolved
- What shall be the trend & outlook of railway electrification in India till 2022?
- What will be opportunity for power consumption by railways due to complete electrification by 2022?
- What shall be scale of opportunity for EPC contractors under railway electrification projects in India?
- How shall be the Direct Power Purchase Agreement market for Railways & how shall be the outlook?
- What shall be region wise opportunity in India for open access for railway electrification in India?
- What shall be the tune of opportunities for RE IPP’S to Enter into Open Access Transaction With Railways?
- What shall be the Opportunity for Off-Grid Installation for Railways Electrification-D2I Model Based Findings
- How would be the Quantification of Opportunities for Power Transmission Utilities
- What be the Quantification of Opportunities for Power Distribution Utilities?
- How would be the Opportunities for EPC Players in Railway Electrification in India
- What shall be the Opportunities for System Providers in Railway Electrification in India?
- What shall be Opportunity in Loco Electrification in Railway Electrification in India?
Business Case For Railway Electrification In India
- Government of India plans to fully electrify the balance 50% network in coming four years time i.e. till 2022
- Cumulative planned investment for over $5000 Million planned till 2022 for electrification of railway network in India
- Close to 30 Biliion units of electricity shall be required for railway electrification on annual basis by 2022 leading excellent opportunities for IPPs of conventional power
- Direct power purchase agreements likely to go up with more solar & wind power installations coming up may supply directly for railways
- Overhead line equipment suppliers to gain massive opportunities to supply for the equipment’s like conductors, transformers & insulators etc.
- Sub-station capacity to enhance leading for opportunities for transmission & distribution utilities
- EPC contractors shall have multitude of opportunity in terms of infrastructure creation for railway electrification
- Opportunity for rolling stock companies shall be massive, electric locomotives shall gain pace
- OEM’s shall have greater opportunity coming their way in terms of equipment supplies & order