In the backdrop of burgeoning energy needs, energy security and environmental concerns have emerged as very important for developing countries worldwide. As a result, the fact is now well established that the world has no other option but to transform the present energy usage pattern in favour of renewable sources, given the benefits it offers. India, is no exception in this regard. With rapidly rising energy demand on one hand and formidable challenge of providing adequate power supply in a sustainable manner on the other, the RES have started getting increased support in terms of favorable regulatory and policy environment. This coupled with abundant availability of RES has labeled India as one of the most attractive destinations for investments across the renewable energy value chain.
Key Queries Resolved
- Which are the potential states for setting up solar power plants?
- Which are the potential states for setting up wind power plants?
- Which are the potential states for setting up biomass and other RE ?
- What are the capacity addition targets for the renewable sources in India ?
- What would be the entry strategy for the power developers into the renewable segment?
- What would be the investment levels by the power plant developers into the renewable segment?
- Incentives given by the central and state government for ease of doing business?
- What would be the opportunity pie for the OEMs and other key value chain players vis-à-vis wind , solar , biomass and other RE?
- What would be the parametric evaluation of the players involved into equipment manufacturing in renewable segment?