Thermal Power Generation in India has witnessed subdued performance in the last five years i.e. from 2009 onwards till 2013 mainly on account of fuel supply concerns be it coal or natural gas across the country. No region was spared from witnessing the harsh concerns of Fuel Supply Challenges, delayed Environmental Clearances, and low offtake by utilities to name a few. With the advent of a Union Government, the industry expectations naturally went high and soaring for the struggling sectors bail out.
The ambitious capacity addition target of increasing coal production to 1 BT by 2020, envisages on the back drop plans to provide Electricity to all by 2019. However with 10 out 13 thermal power plants facing forced outages in the country this may fall in vain.
In this dossier Enincon llp delves deep and exhaustively presents Tracking Conventional & Unconventional Power Sector Opportunities in India 2013. It also brings to light the region wise challenges associated with Thermal Power Generation along with its impact.The detailed analysis depicts ways for addressing the risks associated and in turn provide a track for opportunity. Through this report enincon llp attempts to unveil the opportunities for the key players in terms of fuel sourcing, technology, funding requirements and equipment sourcing for the Thermal Power Plants in India.The dossiers also try to unveil the region wise future outlook of the Power Generation in term of proposed and upcoming plant capacities and mapping it with the tune of opportunity in INR Billion.
Key Queries Resolved
- What are the shifting trends in the GTD segment being experienced in India?
- Power scenario in different states in India.
- Demand supply gap / Demand – Deficit situation
- Analyzing existing install capacity
- Power market in India
- What are key regions and their attractiveness indices for developing Generation & Transmission projects in India?
- Who are the best technological solution providers for developing power projects in India ?
- What is the power distribution scenario in India ?
- Why the State Electricity Boards (SEBs) in India experience shortfall when it comes to productivity, despite having huge manpower employed?
- How could a stake holder become successful in the era of growing competition?
- What are the new identified avenues which would optimize the returns and would prove a boon to investments?
- What impact the changing tax structure with the implementation of DTC would lay on Indian Power sector?
- What is the market size & potential of power market in India ?
- What was the volume trade by states ?
- Active tenders in power markets.
- Power Market scenario.