Post FY 2012 the focus from wind power started to gradually shift to solar power and post FY 2014 the impetus in terms of favorable policy incentives solar power witnessed a boom leaving wind to be the second fiddle only in the renewable energy space. But the vision 2022 also aims to raise the capacity of wind power in the country which led GoI to push the business case of wind power in the country and launch e-auctions for same through the aegis of SECI. However, this step is certain to rekindle the interests from the developers, OEMs, discoms and EPC service providers but does have impediments in terms of application.
Key Queries Resolved
- What shall be the changing paradigm post the auction in the country?
- What shall be capacity additions prospect for wind power auctions by FY 2022?
- What shall be the key challenges in succeeding the wind power auctions in India?
- Which state’s shall improve the PPA scenario and not abandon old power plants amidst auctions?
- What will be the gains for project developers, OEMs and Discoms in auctions?
- What will be the opportunity for having a dedicated transmission corridor for auctioned projects?
- What would be the opportunity for open access through the auctioned projects under medium and long-term?